There is a difference: Histograms vs. Bar Graphs
Using data from the internet, you will summarize information about party affiliation and ages at inauguration of Presidents of the United States in frequency tables and graphs.
1. With the activity sheet Charting the Difference, go to Presidents - Infoplease and create your frequency table for the party affiliations of the Presidents.
F - Federalists
DR - Democratic Republican
D - Democratic
W - Whig
R - Republican
U - Union
2. Use the frequency to create a bar graph. Include a title and labels for the axes.
3. At the same site collect data on the ages of the Presidents at inauguration. Create a frequency table, use intervals of 5 for the ages.
4. Use the frequency table above to create a histogram. Include a title and labels for the axes.
The Life Cycle
1. With the Life Cycle activity sheet go to Presidents - Infoplease and create your frequency table for the State of Birth and Ages at Death of the Presidents.
2. Create a Bar Graph using the State of Birth data and a Histogram using the Ages at Death of the Presidents.